Saturday, July 3, 2010

Summer

Humm, lots going on here and not a lot going on there. When there isn't a lot going on I usually just collapse and enjoy the moment! Lets see.
We got a new furnace and air conditioning because we wanted to take advantage of the rebates and incentives before they were gone.
We just picked all the cherries off my tree, thank goodness this year was a small crop, that was enough!
Cakes and I just got our haircut yesterday and it was so fun! It was the first time I've ever taken her to a salon to get her hair cut, usually I just cut it straight across. The hairstylest gave her an A-line bob and it looks adorable. I love it.
I am going to Chicago in a week for National Conference for Pampered Chef. I'm excited and nervous about that, a whole week with no kids!!! woot!!! Flying to a city I'm unfamiliar with makes a nervous but I'll have friends with me. Flying in general makes me nervous. I don't necessarily have a "fear" of flying but it does make me a little nervous and I really don't like doing it.
I have been hiking at least twice a week this summer because I am getting ready for a 50 mile hike I'll be going on with my family in August. Again, a week with no kids! woot! Just me, my parents and my siblings. I'm really looking forward to it. We'll hike for about a week in the Tetons, we'll carry all our own supplies and I'm fairly sure we're all going to die. ;) Tee hee, just kidding but I'm sure it's going to be much harder than what I remember it being like last time I went.
We haven't gone to the pool yet this year, gone camping with just my family, or spent much time in the garden, it's planted, then forgotten. I need to work on that.
So, things are trudging along here at the Sushiboy household, we just take things one day at a time. And sadly, summer is 1/3 of the way over. Time to work on what we've been missing.

2 comments:

Mel said...

sounds like a fun summer so far. Sorry u had to replace the furnace, our fridge went out last month and it was really unexpected. But some things you gotta replace whether you can afford it or not lol.

Superwoman said...

Mel- it has been fun! Busy but fun. The furnace was 33 years old and everytime it came on I smelled gas. We had an evaporative cooler (called swamp coolers around here) and we haven't missed that at all. I think there will be a huge difference in our gas bills, our bills in the coldest part of winter were $170.00. I'm hoping the gas bill will be somewhere closer to $60-70. So, we knew the furnace needed to be replaced, it was just a matter of when. Because of rebates, a sale, and the tax credit we'll be getting about 50% off the original price, so it's something we can live with!