Thursday, August 5, 2010

Leeavin' on a jet plane. . .

Ok, not really. But I am leaving on Sunday to hike the Tetons in Idaho for a week with my parents and siblings. We'll be hiking 50 miles total and carrying everything we need on our backs. I have been training all summer for this. Taking Tank and going hiking twice a week with him on my back. I figure he weighs about as much as my pack will weigh. Of course, that was for about 3 hours at a time, not all day, and I got to go home and take a nice long hot shower at the end of it and sleep in my nice soft bed that night, not on the ground. . . I hope I don't die! Lol, in all seriousness, I am looking forward to it. It should be a fun adventure and I do feel fairly prepared for it. I have done this one other time before, about 20 (eeps!) years ago when I was still in High School and in awesome shape. Now, I'm fat, tired but still in pretty good shape, albeit a round one! ;) Should be fun. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wow! That's adventurous! I can't wait to hear how it goes!