Thursday, December 16, 2010

Running away. . . . .

Am I the only one who wants to just run away sometimes? You know. Run away from the stress, run away from sticky fingers and the mayhem that ensues. Run away from bills. Run away from responsibility. Run away from making dinner. You get the idea.


Right now I need my own little mini vaca. One that I don't have to do laundry before and after for. One that I don't have to pack 5 people for. One that I have endless money for. sigh.

I think I'm a little worn out. I have been sick now for two straight weeks. The rub? It's not going to get better. Yep, finals are over for Sushi. Does that mean a break for me? NOPE. Sushi is even more exhausted than me. I honestly don't know how he is still moving. So, now he gets to sleep and take it easy. But me, nope. I still get to wrap presents. Plan going to the lights on Temple Square. Plan the insane Christmas weekend. And I am tired. I don't care anymore. But, if I don't do it, no one will.

I know what I need. I need a wife.

Updated- I feel much better now after a good nights sleep last night. I actually got my house clean. The only thing left is to mop the floors and to clean the downstairs bathroom. I still have too much to do but it's amazing what a good nights sleep will do. That and I finally am starting to feel better from this stupid cold/flu? Anywho. Thanks for being such a good sounding board! It's nice to know I'm not alone in my feelings of desperation this time of year. :)

4 comments:

FOREVER YOUNGblood said...

I know how you feel. There was a day well I should say week where I was done. I cried. I couldn't do it any more. The same thing every single day and I was still broke and there were still bills and everything I could think of. Daren told me last night he wants two days at the property for himself. I don't mind, he usually does that to work up there. But I asked him what about me? Where is my break? but you know what to be really honest I would miss my kids. BUT if I had the chance to take a mini vaca by myself I SO would. It is called being a mom. So under appreciated but I know it is worth it. Even if your kids argue with you and they fight right?? :) ps, I am SO ready for the summer to be here.

Katie said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel!!! You are definitely not alone! Hang in there (at least that's what I'm trying to do ... just need to make it one more week, then hopefully we can have a little break!)

Christine said...

You need a Pampered Chef vacation!

bon said...

uhhhh.... skip the lights at Temple Square. Seriously, this year just do Salem Pond and/or Spanish Fork Festival of Lights. I have only ever REGRETTED taking little kids to Temple square. So very very VERY not worth the trouble till the stinkers are baptised.

Simplify, it's the only vacay you are gonna get.