Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Cakes' first ballet

Cakes went to her first ballet the other day, I guess it has been a few weeks. It was so fun! We went to see Hansel and Gretel, it was the opera put to a ballet. Cakes was adorable, we got dressed up and the whole time Cakes kept saying "I can do that mom" or "my friends can do that mom" . You see she is in a ballet class and she looks forward to that class every week. Afterwards we went and got some lunch together. We have had to cut out most unneccesary eating out to pay for the car so that was a treat. It was a precious experience I know I won't ever forget and I hope she won't either but she is only three and a half after all. . . Enjoy the pictures!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

7 comments:

Mel said...

oh such sweet pictures! I think my daughter was a little when I took her to her first ballet...nutcracker of course. mommy dauighter times just keep getting better as they older(well except for the rebellious 13-15) years.

Superwoman said...

I certainly hope so! It sure was fun, I love having a daughter to share times like this with.

Tug said...

That is too sweet! I think that with something like this, even at her age, she'll remember...

Sushiboy said...

She was so excited to go do something just with mommy. You both looked so beautiful.

Just Dave said...

That is great. One of the most impportant things my parents gave me was a love of classical dance and music. I think it's important to expose children to them at an early age. Congratulations, you have opened an important door for your daughter.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you took her to that. I really appreciated seeing you there. It was a support to me as your "friend in the orchestra."I love things like this for little girls. I have fond memories of similar things from when I was that age. You're a GREAT mother and example to me.

Superwoman said...

lsl- you are too nice. You have no idea how often I feel like I'm losing my mind. I appreciate all you do for us and you are also a great example to me!