Monday, April 21, 2008

Guest after guest

This weekend was another busy weekend. On Saturday I woke up early and went grocery shopping and then we had some friends come over for a BBQ around 11:30. They stayed until about 3 pm and then we had some other friends come over for our international night. Sushiboy wanted to do Spanish food so we make some Paella and our friends made some Tapa's. The recipe we used for the Paella was not a very good one, I would not recommend using Tyler Florences' Paella recipe from the food network site. However, the tapa's were good. They left around 8:30 or 9 pm and we cleaned up and went to bed. Sunday we woke up, and cookiemonster and I went to church while cakes and sushiboy stayed home because cakes had a goopy bugger nose and sushiboy had a bad headache. Then I came home, made a salad, went to choir practice and all of us except sushiboy went to my parents. My family has a tradition that the third sunday of every month we all try to get together for dinner. That was fun. Then we came home and went to bed. Today I have gone to the gym and that is pretty much it. I am SO tired. This weekend was not relaxing at all. I'm trying to psych myself out enough to go finish some stuff in the yard but instead I'm blogging. Lucky you!

3 comments:

Cheer34 said...

You are a busy woman. I love cooking most times I relax while I cook. This weekend we had Passover dinner at our house....the first time in about 4 years. It was nice to cook the foods G man's grandma and mom used to make. We had misfits over for the dinner too which was fun. G mans crazy friend, Double G's friend who is a recovering alcholoic at the age of 25.( This friend is rediscovering his Jewishness.) And our 10 year old friend that is a catholic and attached at the hip to Double G (Double G is 20), my mom came over, nad our daughter. We had alot of fun, food, and laughter. Good Times!

Superwoman said...

cheer- sounds like a lot of fun, the friends we had the international night with were not relaxing, their kids kept crying.

Mel said...

Hope you get a chance to rest soon :)
bein g busy is good though :)

We never entertain. LOL our dogs keep everyone at bay.