Friday, October 24, 2008

CRAP

This morning I woke up around 6 am to go to the bathroom for the thousanth time and when I went to get back in bed I had a very long, painful contraction. Well, I tried to go back to sleep but couldn't because even though they weren't consistent I continued to have contractions. This lasted about three hours until I finally took a hot bath and things calmed down. Needless to say I didn't do much today. We had our ward trunk or treat and dinner tonight so I made taco soup in the crock pot and rested and did a little pampered chef business and got kids ready for when sushi got back and we went to the trunk or treat. I have a show tomorrow and that is all so I think I'll rest a little more tomorrow. The kids will have to clean their parts of the house, sushi needs to get the winter squashes out of the garden and into the house and I guess I better get serious about getting ready for a baby to come. We need to get the basinette upstairs and I need to wash the bedding for it, I need to get the changing table upstairs and cleaned. I also need to find the box of newborn clothes and blankets and diapers and get them washed. I should have five weeks left but I have this strange feeling I may not make it that far. Crap, I really liked the December 2 date.

Edit- yeah, it's Saturday morning and no contractions last night, at the trunk or treat I was having some but there weren't any last night! Cross your fingers for me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Can you say "Nesting"? We are so excited for you and your family...while we know these next few weeks are not the most pleasant, we still love seeing you around. You're an amazing "I'll be danged if this is going to slow me down" woman. Let us know if there are any little things that we can do. Really.

Dave & Les

Superwoman said...

leslie- I wish it wasn't slowing me down, unfortunatley, it is quite a bit. I'll let you know if we need help!

Superwoman said...

oh, and I'm not so sure it's nesting as much as panic, we don't even have an infant care seat yet!