This next picture is where I connected two existing flowerbeds. There was a big space between the two and the pressurized irrigation was right there, it was such a pain to mow around the stupid pressurized irrigation. So, I just filled it in with a long flowerbed that wraps around the front to the side of the yard. It should be a lot easier to mow, you'll have to ask sushi if it is when he finally mows the lawn! I think it looks so much better, it looks a little bare right now but I have some daylilies and coral bells and iris' that will fill in nicely as well as some mums, anemomes, and other perrenials. In a year or two it should look really nice and filled in and I don't have to spend tons of money and time every year on annuals!
This last picture is just a shot from the front looking in to see it all together. I'm quite proud of myself, perhaps I can make this yard look great after all!
As a side note,sushi's grandmother is not doing so well, we may be going to a funeral sometime in the next week, I'm glad we spent as much time as we did with her. If it is the Lord's will she will pull through, if not she will finally be able to rest.